- Thread -

Forums :: Rebel Forums :: Potential amendments Add to Favourites

Steve Jobs

A Community Hero
Fame: 15 / 0
Activity: 20
View My Profile

Potential amendmentsCreated on, 06 Sep 2017 | #1

1. Seatbelts - adding in seatbelts for vehicles (Hatchback, Off-Roaders, SUV) so that when a player crashes, they take reduced damage for small crashes. Dangerous crashing will obviously end up in the player dying.

2. Revival amendment - The revive function is a bit stale for medics. They perform the revive action and the player is immediately 100 HP again, and often runs off... I'm thinking about making an amendment so the revive action only takes the player up to 25HP, so they need to either seek further medical assistance (potentially back at the hospital), or is further engaged in role-play with the medics

Thoughts?

Steve Jobs
Three Lions Gaming Administration Team

Quote Reply 0  0 

Jim Capone

A Community Legend
Fame: 29 / 0
Activity: 42
View My Profile

Created on, 07 Sep 2017 | #2

Revival is a great idea!! Good shout, slim!

Jim Capone

Quote Reply 0  0 

Josh Houston
A Community Hero
Fame: 9 / 0
Activity: 10
View My Profile

Created on, 07 Sep 2017 | #3

Unique and Genius, Steve in two adjectives, great ideas!

Paul, Sean
Terrorist

Quote Reply 0  0 

Luke Twinkletoe
A Community Legend
Fame: 2 / 0
Activity: 19
View My Profile

Created on, 07 Sep 2017 | #4

Is there a chance that you could make it so the player that is downed, are able to actually talk when downed. So while the medic is performing the revive on that player, they could also roleplay. So there would be a timer that shows how long until you would bleed out and the medic would not be able to revive you anymore. Just an idea i had at the top of my head.

Luke Twinkletoe

Quote Reply 0  0 

Squirrel

A Community Hero
Fame: 10 / 0
Activity: 37
View My Profile

Created on, 07 Sep 2017 | #5

You are technically "blacked out" / "unconscious" so talking would be out of RP...plus if you kill someone and they could talk there would so more abuse and out of RP talks :D

If you still want to attempt to RP you can TYPE to them in direct. I have been doing that saying stuff like "I can see...white....light" and so on but its something that is unnecessary.

Quote Reply 0  0 

Greybeard
A Community Legend
Activity: 2
View My Profile

Created on, 07 Sep 2017 | #6

Not sure about the seatbelts, Arma logic dictates it will kill you if it wants to.

Revives being adjusted is a top idea.. Medic role play duration would significantly increase and it does stop the whole revive and run scenario. Apart from the usual suspects, most players get up and carry on as though the Medic was invisible so it would be good if the patient had a reason to continue RP after the pick up. Awesome.

Quote Reply 0  0 

Luke Twinkletoe
A Community Legend
Activity: 19
View My Profile

Created on, 07 Sep 2017 | #7

The thing about typing to them in direct is that i remember a thing on the old server that when you pressed "Enter" to send the message, you would accidently respawn.. so if that could get fixed. i honestly wouldn't mind.

Luke Twinkletoe

Quote Reply 0  0 

Squirrel

A Community Hero
Fame: 10 / 0
Activity: 37
View My Profile

Created on, 07 Sep 2017 | #8

Well there is even an easier way...once you get revived you talk then? Rather than simply continuing on your way :D

Quote Reply 0  0 

Steve Jobs

A Community Hero
Fame: 15 / 0
View My Profile

Created on, 07 Sep 2017 | #9

The thing about typing to them in direct is that i remember a thing on the old server that when you pressed "Enter" to send the message, you would accidently respawn.. so if that could get fixed. i honestly wouldn't mind.

Comment by: Luke Twinkletoe, 07 Sep 2017
Yeah, I looked into this, unfortunately you can't set a disabled control to the default control (which is why enter is actioning it). You might be able to change your controls so that Enter doesn't automatically press a dialog button... but I don't know if those are controls (the same thing goes for hacking windows... you can't talk while using them and it's a royal pain).

Steve Jobs

Quote Reply 0  0 

Chase Dallas
One of the Boys
Fame: 5 / 0
View My Profile

Created on, 07 Sep 2017 | #10

Isn't a necessity really but sure enough talking during revive could prove interesting.

Altis will be freed...

Quote Reply 0  0 

Server Down - Our Arma 3 server is currently offline

*Website Changes - Bare With Me
Gentlemen, I will be leaving the website up while I make some live changes. I will be making the......

18 Sep 2017  

*Latest News - Talks of a New Server
Guys, I know its been a long time since we all spoke and gamed together. The original......

05 Sep 2017  

© Three Lions Gaming - Computer Gaming Community - 2015 / 2016 DoveCreation UK