- Thread -

Forums :: Rebel Forums :: Skill progression Add to Favourites

Luke Twinkletoe
A Community Legend
Fame: 2 / 0
Activity: 19
View My Profile

Skill progression Created on, 08 Sep 2017 | #1

What i noticed in the old server is that were a lot more grinding than actually roleplaying. First of all the medic role was a own game on its own, you literally had to grind for hours upon hours just to unlock an SUV. Also there was no actual progression in ranks. No promotion system and no one actually leading it. As i am not an expert in coding and stuff, i wouldn't know how hard it is to implement something like that.

There was also a lot of ways to abuse the skill progression as a civilian, medic and cops. As a cop you could go around searching vehicles over and over again and rank up almost instantly to the max rank, same for forensics.

So my question is, has this been fixed or will it ever get fixed?

Luke Twinkletoe

Quote Reply 0  0 

Squirrel

A Community Hero
Fame: 10 / 0
Activity: 37
View My Profile

Created on, 08 Sep 2017 | #2

The grind has been reduced.

As far as abusing things like impounding vehicles it displays that you are doing it in chat. Forensics get rid of the body so you can't spam it. Other things are simply reliant on people not abusing it...however its not like they gain anything from it since its Rank Locked as well...if you spam a certain feature you will only get so much out of it before you HAVE to be promoted to get better stuff.

Other stuff I am not sure off?

Quote Reply 0  0 

Luke Twinkletoe
A Community Legend
View My Profile

Created on, 08 Sep 2017 | #3

The grind has been reduced.

As far as abusing things like impounding vehicles it displays that you are doing it in chat. Forensics get rid of the body so you can't spam it. Other things are simply reliant on people not abusing it...however its not like they gain anything from it since its Rank Locked as well...if you spam a certain feature you will only get so much out of it before you HAVE to be promoted to get better stuff.

Other stuff I am not sure off?

Comment by: Squirrel, 08 Sep 2017
Do you know if there will be a promotion system for the medics? And maybe someone who's actually in control of the faction. *cough**cough* Me. jkjk

Luke Twinkletoe

Quote Reply 0  0 

Squirrel

A Community Hero
Fame: 10 / 0
Activity: 37
View My Profile

Created on, 08 Sep 2017 | #4

No one ever wanted to be head medic since that would mean they should be on as that faction most of the time. And there isn't too much point having someone in charge of the medics...par 1x training with individual medics.

But if we need one we will keep you in mind! :D

Quote Reply 0  0 

Luke Twinkletoe
A Community Legend
View My Profile

Created on, 08 Sep 2017 | #5

No one ever wanted to be head medic since that would mean they should be on as that faction most of the time. And there isn't too much point having someone in charge of the medics...par 1x training with individual medics.

But if we need one we will keep you in mind! :D

Comment by: Squirrel, 08 Sep 2017
Fair enough, i was just wondering since ive got quite a lot of experience as the medic role, and playing as a medic will probably be my main goal when the server comes back up.

Luke Twinkletoe

Quote Reply 0  0 

Steve Jobs

A Community Hero
Fame: 15 / 0
Activity: 20
View My Profile

Created on, 08 Sep 2017 | #6

The ranking system has been reduced for it's requirements. Medics really doesn't have much to offer, which is why it has no ranking structure. It's simply a case of "you're whitelisted", and you do with it as you please from there on out. I have amended the revival system though so that it brings more roleplay with it. Taking a patient back to the hospital to have them heal there will accredit all medics online with 10exp in healing.

As Squirrel said though, nobody wanted to be in charge of something that doesn't get you any perks or privileges, and there's nothing to code. How medics interact with each other while they're online is entirely up to them (if they wish to appoint a senior EMS person, then I won't object).

Driving has been reduced too, the first goal is now 4KM (Drive passed the petrol station outside Kavala on north MSR and back) which is down from 10KM and each stage after is the same kind of drop.

Most skills have around a 25-50% reduction in each stage with their exp requirements so players will undoubtedly complete the ranking quicker since that was something people tended to complain about.

Steve Jobs
Three Lions Gaming Administration Team

Quote Reply 0  0 

Server Down - Our Arma 3 server is currently offline

*Website Changes - Bare With Me
Gentlemen, I will be leaving the website up while I make some live changes. I will be making the......

18 Sep 2017  

*Latest News - Talks of a New Server
Guys, I know its been a long time since we all spoke and gamed together. The original......

05 Sep 2017  

© Three Lions Gaming - Computer Gaming Community - 2015 / 2016 DoveCreation UK